dinsdag 2 maart 2010

Let the adventure begin !


The first week in Haderslev: The beginning of the real adventure !!

The first night was the worst. All alone in a big residence. But the next day when I woke up, I met 3 Spanish girl and Cédric ! The boy I met in the Students Café Friday afternoon. I was very happy to meet new people !
Then we went to the ‘city’. First we had our first ‘Danish meal’ in a Hamburger Restaurant in the center of Haderslev. Then we went shopping. The first weekend was quite long. Because we didn’t know what we could do.
Saterday night, two Czech people arrived at our residence. We were very happy to meet them ! We had some dinner all together and we tried some Danish beers.

The first day at school was very nice ! We met Jette and the University prepared some breakfast for us. We really enjoyed that ! Jette and Charlotte are so friendly ! They tried to make us feel as at home and they were always ready to answer our questions or to help us !

The first lesson was about creating our own weblogs. That was very difficult for me ! I had already a Belgian blog, but this blog was much more difficult to create and there was a problem with mine. Because the other students couldn’t see mine. I still don’t know why, because I created another blog, a few days later, and this one works.. So I don’t know what I did wrong, but the most important is, that this one works ! I’m very happy !

On Wednesday evening we were expected at the Students Café, where we had a great night ! But, we couldn’t stay very late, because the day after, we would go visiting a Danish ‘Kindergarden’!! I was really looking forward to the visit !!

And my expectations came true. We were very welcome there to have a look in their Kindergarden. It was very interesting ! The system is so different as we have, in Belgium !
- There are 2 parts, one for babies from 6 or 8 months until 3 years old. The second part is for young children from the age of 3 years old ‘til 6 years old. After that, they go to primary school.
- There are much more teachers as in Belgium. For about 40 children, there were about 4 ‘Pedagogies’ , 1 who prepared the lunch and about 3 pedagogic helpers !! So that means that there were about 7 or 8 adults for 40 children ! That’s amazing !
- All the ages are mixed up together. They have many different rooms, with each it’s own meaning or reason. So they’ve got a playroom, a gym class, a room for ‘art’, a room to relax,…
- They don’t have to do some activities prepared by the teachers.
- The teachers don’t have to prepare anything. They just have to play with the children or help them. But they don’t have to make any written preparations the days before.
- The teachers don’t have to prepare different activities for the children. The children can choose by themselves what they would like to do or play.
- They put the babies outside, even in wintertime to sleep.
And so on…
I was really very surprised ! I enjoyed the school visit a lot and I liked the people very much. They were so friendly and the tried to answer all of our questions. I was really satisfied after this school visit. I learned a lot about the Danish Kindergarden and their education system ! A was very happy, because I knew that it was very different from our own system, but I didn’t know in which way it should be different. But now I finally knew..

The walk in Haderslev was very interesting as well ! We learned a little about the history of this small city.

In the evening, we went to Jønnes Grill to have some dinner with some other Belgian girls. We had a great time and we liked the food a lot. And we were very surprised that it wasn’t that expensive !
After a good dinner, we went to the ‘Fredagscaféen’. There we met a lot of Danish students and also the other Erasmus students. We had a great time !

The first week was a very nice one ! We learned a lot about the Danish school system and about the Danes. We also learned our first words and questions in Danish ! One thing is for sure: the Danish language is very difficult, especially the pronunciation I think !! But we still have some time left to exercise and to make some progress, I hope ! :-)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten